Call to Order -The annual meeting was called to order by President Jon Buxton, with 28 members and guests in attendance before/during the potluck and subsequent meeting.
Introductions were made of the Board of Directors (Roll Call):
● Jon Buxton – President
● Gary McDonald- Vice President;
● Bonnie Doremire – Treasurer
● Becky Buxton – Secretary
New Members/Guests – A welcome was offered, and all present introduced themselves and identified their locations on the lake for attendees. Several guests attended with members.
Members Ill/In Distress – Members report that Bob Riley has passed.
Community Watch – No report.
Secretary Report – Meeting notes from July 2021 were read. No additions or corrections noted. Motion to accept Secretary Report as read by Cathy McDonald, seconded by Janet Dunning. Motion passed. 2022 Meeting notes will be e-mailed to members we have email addresses for.
Treasurer Report – Balance on hand as of June 30, 2021 $10,506.35
● Income Dues (2021-15 Owners) $550.00
(2022-6 Owners) $180.00
Total Income $730.37
Hartland Clarke-checks for new account $27.07
N. Watkins-Website Expenses $160.93
Total Expenses $188.00
● Balance on hand: as of June 30, 2022 $11,048.72
Lake Steward Report –Roger Fechner reported that the lake condition is consistently the same. Clarity at around 13 feet. Roger Popp reported that the Phragmites are eradicated. General environment and wildlife surrounding the lake remains generally healthy, an indicator of overall lake community health.
DNR CREEL Study: Final DNR Report will be available this fall or winter. In general the DNR indicates the fish ecosystem is well balanced. The notes and final report will be uploaded to our website.
Old Business –
● Road Clean Up Dates- September 17, 2022 Discussion regarding only one cleanup due to Spring Ticks
● 2023 Annual Meeting: July 8th, 2023 Noon at the Lovell’s Township Pavilion
● PayPal for Dues will be available currently using email@example.com as we explore other options. Use friends and family option.
● Internet Service discussed: Truestream with Great Lakes Energy. The infrastructure is in place, just not the drops and connections to customers. Several service options are available. The company indicated it will be a several year process, yet when contacted by a member the interest is high in our area and the company is running ahead of schedule in several locations around the state. Sign up as an interested party on their website. No obligation.
● Green Belt, Blight and Road Speed Limits: The Green Belt on KP Lake is 50 feet from the water’s edge, the township requires approval to clear areas within that 50 feet. If residents are concerned about blight, they are urged to contact the Township directly. The Association has no enforcement abilities regarding those. In addition, concerns regarding speed limits on the county maintained road were discussed. In general, if not posted, there was some discussion if we could erect signage.
● Garbage Can: Discussion ensured regarding the possibility of the DNR supplying and emptying a garbage can by the boat launch. Bonnie will inquire. Association will add the boat launch to the Road Clean up.
● Bylaws: Bylaws will be scanned and added to the Association Website.
Board Nominations – Ed Rosa nominated Jon Buxton-President, Gary McDonald - Vice President, Rebecca Buxton-Secretary, and Bonnie Doremire-Treasurer to serve another year. These motions were seconded by Kevin Kunkleman. Motion passed. The new Board is as follows:
o Jon Buxton – President
o Gary McDonald - Vice President
o Bonnie Doremire - Treasurer
o Becky Buxton – Secretary
Reminders: Fall Road Clean Up: September 17th, 2022 10am meet at KP Lake Rd and 612. There will be refreshments for helpers!
2023 Annual Meeting: July 8th, 2023 Noon at the Lovell’s Township Pavilion
Meeting Adjourned: Meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted, Rebecca Buxton - Secretary
Up Coming Events
Fall Road Cleanup - HWY 612